In this section you can setup the Hermes SEG network settings such as Hostname, IP address, Subnet, DNS and gateway. It's highly recommended that the Network Mode be set to Static.
The The Host Name and Primary Domain Name you set in this section is used for SMTP transactions such as SMTP TLS as well as system functions such as OS hostname.
- Set the Network Mode drop-down to Static.
- Fill in the Host Name field. Ensure you enter only the name without the domain part. For example, if the FQDN of your Hermes SEG appliance is going to be smtp.domain.tld, then in the Host Name field you will simply enter smtp without the domain part.
- Fill in the Primary Domain Name field. For example, if the FQDN of your Hermes SEG appliance is going to be smtp.domain.tld, then in the Primary Domain Name field you will simply enter domain.tld.
- Fill in the Hermes SEG appliance IP Address, select the appropriate Subnet Mask for your network, fill in the Gateway and DNS1. If applicable, fill in DNS2 and DNS3 fields.
- Click on the Submit button. Once the settings are saved, they will not take effect until you click on the Apply Settings button.
- Click on the Apply Settings button (Figure 1).
- If you changed Hermes SEG IP Address, your browser will most likely time out. Remember, to access the Hermes SEG Administrator Console Web GUI at https://<NEW_IP_ADDRESS/admin/ where is the <NEW_IP_ADDRESS> is the IP you set above.