- The Postmaster E-mail Address MUST BE on a domain that the system currently delivers email for and the Admin E-mail Address SHOULD BE an email address for a domain that Hermes SEG does NOT deliver email for. Even though the system will allow you to enter an Admin E-mail Address for a domain that Hermes SEG deliver email for, it's not recommended. The Admin E-mail Address should be an external to the system e-mail address.
- The system will automatically create virtual addresses for postmaster, abuse and root based on the Postmaster E-mail Address you set. For example, if your Postmaster E-mail Address is email@example.com and your Admin E-mail Address is firstname.lastname@example.org, the system will automatically create the following virtual address:
- email@example.com ---> firstname.lastname@example.org
- The system will also create the following two virtual addresses and related mappings based on the postmaster e-mail address domain part:
- email@example.com ---> firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com ---> firstname.lastname@example.org
- The virtual address the system creates can be viewed under Gateway ---> Virtual Recipients.
- Adding a Serial Number is not required. However, if you are going to add a Serial Number, ensure Hermes SEG has access to the Internet over ports TCP/80 and TCP/443. Serial Numbers are validated over the Internet with our activation service).
- If you have a Serial Number, click the Add Serial Number button and in the resultant window enter it in the Serial Number field, check the license convert checkbox and click the Submit button (Figure 1).
- In the Postmaster E-mail Address field enter the email address you want to use
- In the Admin E-mail Address field enter the email address you want to use
- In the TimeZone field, set your local timezone by deleting the default America/New_York and start typing the name of your continent. The system will automatically display a drop-down with all the relevant timezones for your continent (Figure 2).
- If you have activated a Hermes SEG Pro Serial Number, the Daily Update Check field will be available for you to Enable/Disable. If you enable the Daily Update Check, the system will automatically check for Hermes SEG updates on a daily basis and if it finds one, it will send an e-mail to the postmaster E-mail Address you set above.
- In the Telemetry field, set to Enabled (By default it's enabled) if you wish to allow the sending of anonymized data to our servers in order to improve Hermes SEG and our services. Rest assured, that we do NOT share or sell this data and it's strictly used for internal purposes. Please see the list below for the data we collect:
- Hermes SEG unique system ID
- The total number of Internal Recipients (NOT the actual internal recipients)
- The total number of Domains (NOT the actual domains)
- The total number of Virtual Recipients (NOT the actual virtual recipients)
- Hermes SEG version
- Hermes SEG build
- Hermes SEG timezone
- Hermes SEG edition
- Whether or not you use the internal build-in certificate for the Console or SMTP (NOT the actual certificate)
- The total number of Clean messages (NOT the actual messages)
- The total number of Spam messages (NOT the actual messages)
- The total number of Virus messages (NOT the actual messages)
- Your IP address (ONLY used to determine your Geo location)
- Click the Submit button to save your changes (Figure 3).