Virtual Recipients are recipients that are not directly mapped to recipient mailboxes. For example, if you have an Internal Recipient email@example.com but you also want the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to deliver email to email@example.com, you would set up a virtual address of firstname.lastname@example.org to deliver to email@example.com. Please note, Virtual Recipients are not only limited to Hermes SEG Internal Recipients. You can also create a Virtual Recipient to deliver email to an outside email address not handled by Hermes SEG. In the above example, we can easily setup firstname.lastname@example.org to deliver to email@example.com.
Note: Any email destined for a virtual recipient are NOT processed by the Bayes Spam Filter. In other words, email will not be checked for spam.
Create Virtual Recipient
- Click on theicon.
- On the Create Virtual Recipient page, under the Virtual field, enter the virtual address you wish to create without the domain part.
- Under the Domain drop-down field, select the domain you wish to associate the virtual email address with.
- Under the Delivers to field, enter the email address of an existing internal or external recipient.
- Click the Create button (Figure 1).
- You will be automatically redirected back to the Virtual Recipients page with your new Virtual Recipient added to the list (Figure 2).
Delete Virtual Recipient
Note: When deleting a Virtual Recipient, the system does NOT prompt you for a confirmation. Clicking the delete icon will IMMEDIATELY delete the virtual recipient.