If you have an Internal Recipient firstname.lastname@example.org but you also want the email address email@example.com to deliver email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you would set up a virtual address of email@example.com to deliver to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, Virtual Recipients are not only limited to Internal Recipients. You can also create a Virtual Recipient to deliver email to an outside email address not handled by Hermes SEG. In the above example, we can easily setup email@example.com to deliver to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any email destined for a virtual recipient are NOT checked by the spam filter.
Create Virtual Recipient(s)
- Click on the Create Recipient(s) button (Figure 1).
- On the Add Virtual Recipient(s) page, under the Local-Part(s) field, enter as many local-part(s) as required each in its own line (part before the @symbol of an e-mail address). You can also leave the Local-Part(s) field empty if you wish to forward an entire domain.
- Under the @Domain drop-down field, select the domain you wish to use.
- Under the Delivers to field, start typing the e-mail address of an existing Internal Recipient and the system will show a drop-down listing of Internal Recipients matching the e-mail address you are typing or enter an external email address.
- Click the Submit button (Figure 2).
Edit Virtual Recipient
- On the Virtual Recipients page, locate the virtual recipient you wish to edit by typing any part of the e-mail address in the Search: field and then click the button next to the virtual recipient (Figure 3).
On the Edit Virtual Recipient page, make the necessary changes and click the Submit button (Figure 4).
Delete Virtual Recipient(s)
- On the Virtual Recipients page, locate the virtual recipient(s) you wish to delete by typing any part of the e-mail address(es) in the Search: field, place a checkmark on the checkbox next to the virtual recipient and then click the Delete button on top of the page (Figure 5).
On the Delete Recipient(s) confirmation page, click the Yes button to delete the recipient or No to cancel (Figure 6)