Hermes SEG requires a listing of Internal Recipients in order to process incoming email and deliver that email to the correct recipient mailboxes which are located on an email server(s) which must be previously specified in the Gateway --> Relay Domains. The system will ONLY allow you to add recipients with domains that are specified in the in the Gateway --> Relay Domains.
Manually Add Internal Recipients
This method will allow you to add Internal Recipients manually one by one. Hermes SEG also supports automatic import of recipients via AD (Active Directory) but that feature is only available with Hermes SEG Pro License. If you have a SEG Pro License and you wish to utilize AD Recipient import, please see Import Internal Recipients from Active Directory section below.
- Ensure the Manually Add option is selected.
- Under the Manually Add Internal Recipient section, enter a valid email address in the Internal Recipient E-mail Address field and click the Add button (Figure 1).
- Each Internal Recipient you add shows up in the Internal Recipients to be added section (Figure 2)
- Continue adding Internal Recipients as needed. When finished, click on the Apply Settings button on the bottom of the page (Figure 3).
- If you make a mistake, click on the Cancel All Add button to cancel (Figure 4).
Import Internal Recipients from Active Directory
This method will allow you to add Internal Recipients automatically via an AD (Active Directory) connection. Please note, this feature is ONLY available if you have a Hermes SEG Pro License.
In order to import Internal Recipients via AD (Active Directory), you must have previously created an AD connection under System --> AD Integration.
Note: Only once an AD connection is created, the Import from Active Directory option will become enabled.
- Select the Import from Active Directory option under the Add Internal Recipients section.
- Selecting the Import from Active Directory option will automatically populate the Import Internal Recipients from Active Directory drop-down containing the Active Directory connection(s) you previously added (Figure 5).
- Ensure the correct connection is selected from the drop-down and click the Import button.
- The Internal Recipients to be added section, will automatically be populated with SMTP address(es) from Active Directory (Figure 6)
- Click the Apply Settings button at to the bottom of the page (Figure 7).
- If you make a mistake, click on the Cancel All Add button to cancel (Figure 8).
Filter Internal Recipients
Setting a filter will assist you in narrowing down specific recipients by email address or domain in order to manage them easily.
- In the Filter By field, enter a complete or partial email address or domain and click the Set Filter button. If any matches are found, the Existing Internal Recipients listing will be populated with only the entries matching the filter you set (Figure 9).
- You can clear a filter you set by clicking the Clear Filter button at any time (Figure 9).
Edit Internal Recipient Settings
When Internal Recipients are added, by default, they are not allowed to Train the Bayes Filter and they are not allowed to Download Messages from the User Self-Service Portal.
Training the Bayes Filter should ONLY be performed by individuals who have a firm grasp on the concepts of Spam, Ham, marketing email etc. Incorrectly training the Bayes Filter will have bad consequences on ALL of the users of your system. Thus, it's highly recommended not to allow individuals to train the Bayes Filter.
Note: Setting Recipient Can Train Bayes Filter from User Portal will have no effect unless the Bayes Database is set to Enabled under Content Checks --> Antispam Settings.
Additionally, allowing users to Download Messages from the the User Self-Service Portal can expose those users to malware from infected messages. Thus, it's highly recommended not to allow individuals to download messages.
- Click on theicon under the Recipient Settings column of the Internal Recipient you wish to edit.
- In the Recipient Settings page, select the option(s) you want to enable for this recipient by selecting Yes on the corresponding option and click on the Save Settings button (Figure 10).
- Once finished, click on the Back to Recipients button on the bottom of the page (Figure 11).
Edit Internal Recipient Report Settings
Every night starting at 12:30 a.m., Hermes SEG sends Daily Quarantine Reports to all the Internal Recipients in the system. The Daily Quarantine Reports functionality is two fold. First, it provides customized links to the User Self-Service Portal for the particular recipient and if any messages that were destined for that recipient were quarantined, they are also included in the report. This default functionality can be changed by editing the Internal Recipient Report Settings.
- In the Quarantine Report Settings page, select the option(s) you want to enable for this recipient by selecting the corresponding option.
Enable Quarantine Reports Regardless if quarantined messages exist
This option is the default option the system sets when an Internal Recipient is added to the sytem. With this option set, Hermes SEG will send a quarantined report of the previous day's quarantined messages to the recipient. If there are no quarantined messages from the previous day, the report will be empty (Figure 12).
Enable Quarantine Reports Only if quarantined messages exist
By setting this option Hermes SEG will only send a quarantine report only if there are quarantined messages for that recipient. If there are no quarantined messages, Hermes SEG will not send a report. Setting this option will also enable you to set the Quarantine Report Frequency. The Quarantined Report Frequency can be set as follows (Figure 13):
- Daily. Report will contain the previous day's quarantined messages.
- Every 2 Hours. Report will contain the current day's quarantined messages.
- Every 4 Hours. Report will contain the current day's quarantined messages.
- Every 8 Hours. Report will contain the current day's quarantined messages.
The drawback of this option is users will not have links to the User Self-Service Portal unless there are quarantined messages for that particular recipient. If you set this option for any recipients, they should be advised to save any previous quarantine reports as a gateway to the User Self-Service Portal.
Disable Quarantine Reports
By setting the NO option, Hermes SEG will not send a quarantine report for that recipient regardless if quarantined messages exist or not. This option is not recommended unless you have a special need for a specific recipient (Figure 14).
- When finished setting the options needed, click on the Save Settings button (Figure 15).
- Click on the Back to Recipients button to return to the Internal Recipients page (Figure 16).
Delete Internal Recipients
Note: Deleting Internal Recipients is irreversible. Addtionally, deleting an Internal Recipient will also delete any recipient certificates, any recipient block/allow entries and any virtual recipients assigned to that internal recipient.
- Click on the icon on the Delete column of the particular recipient you wish to delete.
- The Recipient email address will turn red under the Recipient column (Figure 17).
- Repeat for any additional recipients you wish to delete and then click on the Apply Settings button to delete the recipients from the system (Figure 18).
- If you make a mistake, click on the Cancel All Delete button to cancel (Figure 19).