This section allows you to associate a system email address (Postmaster E-mail Address) to an external email address (Admin E-mail Address) for all system related notifications as well as enter a Serial Number in order to unlock all the features of Hermes SEG Pro.
The Postmaster E-mail Address MUST BE on a domain that the system currently delivers email for and the Admin E-mail Address SHOULD BE an email address for a domain that Hermes SEG does NOT deliver email for. Even though the system will allow you to enter an Admin E-mail Address for a domain that Hermes SEG deliver email for, it's not recommended.The Admin E-mail Address should be an external to the system e-mail address.
For example, if your Postmaster E-mail Address is firstname.lastname@example.org and your Admin E-mail Address is email@example.com, the system will automatically create the following virtual mapping:
- firstname.lastname@example.org will deliver e-mail to email@example.com
The system will also create the following two virtual addresses and related mappings based on the postmaster e-mail address domain part:
- firstname.lastname@example.org will deliver email to email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org will deliver email to email@example.com
The virtual mappings the system creates can be viewed under Gateway --> Virtual Recipients.
- In the Postmaster E-mail Address field enter the email address you want to use
- In the Admin E-mail Address field enter the email address you want to use
Note: Entering a Serial Number is not required. However, if you are going to enter a Serial Number, ensure Hermes SEG has access to the Internet before clicking the Save Settings button. Serial Numbers are validated over the Internet with our activation service)
- If you have a Hermes SEG Pro Serial Number enter it in the Serial Number field
- Click the Save Settings button (Figure 1)