Admin Console Firewall
This feature is only available with Hermes SEG Pro License.
The Administration Console Firewall allows you to specify IP Address(es) that will be allowed access to the Administration Console independendent of the User Self-Service Portal. By default, all IP Addresses are allowed access to the Administration Console as well as the User Self-Service Portal.
The Administration Console is reachable through https://<ipaddress>:9080/admin/ where the User Self-Service Portal is reachable through https://<ipaddress>:9080/users/ where <ipaddress> is the IP address or the hostname of your Hermes SEG. By enabling the Administration Console Firewall, you will be restricting access ONLY to the https://<ipaddress>:9080/admin/ address.
For best security, it's recommended that you enable the Administration Console Firewall to restrict access only to specified IP addresses.
Note: In order to prevent a lockout of the Administration Console, the system will not allow you to enable the Administration Console Firewall unless the IP address that you are accessing the the Administration Console from is in the list of Allowed IP Addresses. Additionally, it will not allow you to Delete the IP address you are accessing the Administration Console from from the list of Allowed IP Addresses.
- Before the system will allow you to enable the firewall, you must first enter the IP Address that you are accessing the Administration Console from, which can be found on the top right corner of the page next to the Your IP Address is section (Figure 1)
- Enter your IP Address the under the IP Address to be allowed section and then click the Add IP button (Figure 2).
- Repeat for as many IP addresses as required.
- As you add each IP address, they will show up under the Allowed IP Addresses section (Figure 3)
- Once you are finished adding IP address(es), on the top of the page, under the Firewall Status section, select the Enabled option and click the Save Settings button (Figure 4).
- Test your firewall by attempting to access the Administration Console https://<ipaddress>:9080/admin/ (where <ipaddress> is the IP address or the hostname of your Hermes SEG) from an IP Address that you did NOT allow in Administration Console Firewall. You should a You are not authorized to access this system message (Figure 5)